Monday, May 14, 2007

evolution of the charter school of wilmington wikipedia article

Here is some more information of the evolution of the Charter Wikipedia article and my edits...

Current update on my edits: (click on the links to see my original blog post about each edit)

Edit #1- On February 25th, I added the "Ski Club" to the list of clubs and activities available at Charter. This was my very first edit and though simple, this edit has lasted!

Edit #2- On April 3rd, I completed my second edit. This edit reworded and expanded upon information about the dress code at Charter. This edit also has remained in place.

Edit #3- Finally on May 2nd, I made my final edit for this article. There was a sentence in the faculty section about a particular teacher who writes for a television show. The sentence had a spelling error and was poorly worded, so I reworded the sentence and corrected the spelling. I also added a link to the wikipedia article for the television show that was referenced in the sentence. Though my corrected spelling, word choice and link have remained in the edit, about three hours after I made my edit, someone else edited that same sentence and clarified even further. Though someone changed my edit, I still feel like I contributed and helped this portion of the article get one step closer to the best sentence possible.


Summary of the Evolution of the article: Overall, the Charter wikipedia article has evolved greatly over the course of the semester. Considering it is just a local high school, the article sees a substantial amount of traffic and is edited several times a week. It is not uncommon for the article to be edited upwards of five to ten times on a few given days each week. Over the semester, a large amount of content has been added to the article. In particular, more information on the senior research project, faculty, clubs and activities, and DSTP results have been added. The article has definitely grown tremendously and seems to include all necessary, obvious information and just becomes more complete daily. Overall, I hope that I contributed slightly to this article. It definitely surprised me how much attention was paid to it, but I'm glad I was able to contribute something at all.

No comments: