Wednesday, May 2, 2007

charter wiki edit #3

Today I made my final edit on The Charter School of Wilmington wikipedia article. Before making my edit, I viewed the history of edits for the article to see what changes had been made recently. I noticed that recently someone added a sentence about the faculty about Charter. After seeing the change on the History list, I viewed the article and read the sentence in its entirety. Immediately I saw that "television" was spelled incorrectly and after reading it a few times, I decided that the entire sentence sounded somewhat awkward. Before my edit, this is how the sentence read:

One member even helps to write some of the episodes of the hit telivision show Numb3rs.

So to edit the sentence, first I changed the spelling of "telivision" to "television." This was obviously needed but I figured while I was there I might as well fix the rest of the sentence. Next, I clarified that the subject of the sentence was one member of the faculty. Finally, I added a link to the wikipedia article for Numb3rs, the show referenced in this sentence. I personally had never heard of the show so I figured many other people hadn't as well. After my changes, this is how the sentence reads:

One member of the faculty even helps to write some of the episodes of the hit television show Numb3rs.

Even though I only changed one sentence, I think these edits greatly improve both the grammatical and content quality! My edit can be seen here.


has anyone ever heard of stiuqxela?

No comments: