Tuesday, April 3, 2007

charter wiki edit #2

Today I did my second edit on the wikipedia article for The Charter School of Wilmington. In the "Students" section of the article, there was one sentence about the dress code that was very limited in the amount of information that it contained. Since the idea of a dress code is very important to most high school students, I thought it would be appropriate to add additional information about the dress code.

I removed the old sentence about the dress code and replaced it with this:


A dress code barring jeans was enacted in the first year of operation and has since been expanded. The current dress code requires students to wear a school shirt (available in a variety of colors and styles) and "Khaki" or "Docker" style pants, shorts, slacks or skirts. Students are permitted to wear sandals, athletic or dress shoes year round.


I think that these new sentences provide the reader with a much more thorough concept of the school dress code/uniform and makes the section feel more complete. My edit can be seen here.

No comments: