Sunday, April 15, 2007

grey's wiki edit #3

I just made my final edit on the Grey's Anatomy wikipedia article. I have found it pretty difficult to edit this article because of the large amount of people who are interested in this topic and edit it frequently. One thing that has been a frequent topic of discussion on the "discussion" page is a list of different "McLabeling" examples. On Grey's Anatomy, the characters frequently ad "Mc" to different words either as nicknames for characters or just different terms. For a while, the Grey's wikipedia article has had a very extensive list of all of the examples of this. People have been complaining that it is too long and there was even talk of making the list its own article. Finally, today (actually only a few hours ago) someone removed the entire list from the article. Though I agree that the list was too much, I think that the "McLabeling" is a very important component of Grey's Anatomy. Instead of putting the list back, I added two sentences that somewhat summarized the old list. I modified the original "intro" sentence from the old list and then added another sentence with some examples. Now it reads like this:

"A trend began of "McLabeling" characters or adding "Mc" to other terms, such as "McDreamy" (1.02) as a nickname for Derek Shepherd. Many other instances have occured throughout the show such as "McSteamy" (2.18), "McGuilty" (3.01) and "McSex" (3.08). "

Since this is definitely a hot topic of discussion on the Grey's Anatomy wikipedia talk page, I would not be very surprised if my edit was changed or removed immediately but I thought this improved the page. Hopefully the other editors will agree! My edit can be seen here.



By the way, Mc Stiuqxela is not one of the phrases on Grey's Anatomy.

No comments: