Saturday, March 31, 2007

California Tortilla wiki edit #1

Today, I made my first wiki edit on the California Tortilla wikipedia article. Last year, I won a year's supply of free burritos so I've spent a lot of time at Cal Tort enjoying free burritos. Sadly, my year just ended but I figured I would commemorate the end of my free burritos by making a big edit on the wiki article.

Before I made my edit, the Cal tort edit had very little content. The article consisted of only a small paragraph with a few sentences about the restaurant and then a references list. For my first edit, I added a few sections to organize the page and then added some content. You can see my edit here.

These are the sections I added:


Locations
For the locations section, I wrote the following sentence:"Currently, California Tortilla has approximately 29 restaurant locations. They are located in 7 states (Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Florida and Washington DC), however roughly half of the restaurants are in Maryland alone. The world headquarters is also located in Maryland, in the city of Rockville."
I also added links to the wiki articles for each of the states listed.

Atmosphere
I added this sentence under atmosphere:"The atmosphere in California Tortilla restaurants is "spunky" according the company itself. The restaurant is decorated in bright, bold colors and patterns. Simple things such as pens to sign credit card slips are held to the counter by a large heavy chain to add a fun edge. Signs are also worded in a more humorous way."

Menu
For the menu section, I added a list of various types of menu items. I also added a few sentences describing other key aspects of the menu. Finally, I added links to the wikipedia articles for some of the food items listed.

Promotions
Under the promotion heading, I wrote a few sentences about Cal Tort promotions, especially the grand opening promotions. I also added a list of some of the promotions that Cal tort does and then described them.


Finally, I edited the original intro paragraph to better match the content I added. I think that the content I added greatly improved the quality of the article.

No comments: